1. Vemuri AK, Acharya V, Ponday LR, Jeyakumar SM, Vajreswari A. Transgenic zero-erucic and high-oleic mustard oil improves glucose clearance rate, erythrocyte membrane docosahexaenoic acid content and reduces osmotic fragility of erythrocytes in male Syrian golden hamsters. Journal of Nutrition & Intermediary Metabolism. 2018 Jun 1;12:28-35
2. Reddy MR, Venkata SM, Putcha UK, Jeyakumar SM. Vitamin A deficiency induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis in pancreatic islet cells: Implications of stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1-mediated oleic acid synthesis. Experimental cell research. 2018 Mar 1;364(1):104-12.
3. Jeyakumar SM, Sheril A, Vajreswari A. Vitamin A Improves Hyperglycemia and Glucose-Intolerance through Regulation of Intracellular Signaling Pathways and Glycogen Synthesis in WNIN/GR-Ob Obese Rat Model. Preventive nutrition and food science. 2017 Sep;22(3):172.
4. Jeyakumar SM, Sheril A, Vajreswari A. Chronic vitamin A-enriched diet feeding regulates hypercholesterolaemia through transcriptional regulation of reverse cholesterol transport pathway genes in obese rat model of WNIN/GR-Ob strain. The Indian journal of medical research. 2016 Aug;144(2):238.
5. Mahesh M, Bharathi M, Reddy MR, Kumar MS, Putcha UK, Vajreswari A, Jeyakumar SM. Carrot Juice Administration Decreases Liver Stearoyl-CoA Desaturase 1 and Improves Docosahexaenoic Acid Levels, but Not Steatosis in High Fructose Diet-Fed Weanling Wistar Rats. Preventive nutrition and food science. 2016 Sep;21(3):171.
6. Mahesh M, Bharathi M, Raja Gopal Reddy M, Pappu P, Putcha UK, Vajreswari A, Jeyakumar SM. Carrot juice ingestion attenuates high fructose‐induced circulatory pro‐inflammatory mediators in weanling Wistar rats. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 2017 Mar;97(5):1582-91.
7. Reddy MR, Kumar CP, Mahesh M, Kumar MS, Jeyakumar SM. Expression data on liver metabolic pathway genes and proteins. Data in brief. 2016 Mar 1;6:625-9.
8. Asha GV, Raja MG, Mahesh M, Vajreswari A, Jeyakumar SM. Male mice are susceptible to high fat diet-induced hyperglycaemia and display increased circulatory retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4) levels and its expression in visceral adipose depots. Archives of physiology and biochemistry. 2016;122(1):19-26.
9. Reddy MR, Kumar CP, Mahesh M, Kumar MS, Venkata SM, Putcha UK, Vajreswari A, Jeyakumar SM. Vitamin A deficiency suppresses high fructose-induced triglyceride synthesis and elevates resolvin D1 levels. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids. 2016 Mar 31;1861(3):156-65.
10. Jeyakumar SM, Vajreswari A. Vitamin A as a key regulator of obesity & its associated disorders: Evidences from an obese rat model. The Indian journal of medical research. 2015 Mar;141(3):275.
11. Jeyakumar SM, Sheril A, Vajreswari A. Chronic vitamin A‐enriched diet feeding induces body weight gain and adiposity in lean and glucose‐intolerant obese rats of WNIN/GR‐Ob strain. Experimental physiology. 2015 Nov 1;100(11):1352-61.
12. Prashanth A, Jeyakumar SM, Singotamu L, Harishankar N, Giridharan NV, Vajreswari A. Mitochondriogenesis and apoptosis: possible cause of vitamin A-mediated adipose loss in WNIN/Ob-obese rats. Nutrition & metabolism. 2014 Dec;11(1):45.
13. Prashanth A, Jeyakumar SM, Giridharan NV, Vajreswari A. Vitamin A-enriched diet modulates reverse cholesterol transport in hypercholesterolemic obese rats of the WNIN/Ob strain. Journal of atherosclerosis and thrombosis. 2014 Nov 25;21(11):1197-207.
14. Jeyakumar SM, Prashant A, Rani KS, Laxmi R, Vani A, Kumar PU, Vajreswari A. Chronic consumption of trans-fat-rich diet increases hepatic cholesterol levels and impairs muscle insulin sensitivity without leading to hepatic steatosis and hypertriglyceridemia in female Fischer rats. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2011;58(4):272-80.
15. Yasmeen R, Jeyakumar SM, Reichert B, Yang F, Ziouzenkova O. The contribution of vitamin A to autocrine regulation of fat depots. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids. 2012 Jan 31;1821(1):190-7.
16. Jeyakumar SM, Vijaya Kumar P, Giridharan NV, Vajreswari A. Vitamin A improves insulin sensitivity by increasing insulin receptor phosphorylation through protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B regulation at early age in obese rats of WNIN/Ob strain. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism. 2011 Oct;13(10):955-8.
17. Reichert B, Yasmeen R, Jeyakumar SM, Yang F, Thomou T, Alder H, Duester G, Maiseyeu A, Mihai G, Harrison EH, Rajagopalan S. Concerted action of aldehyde dehydrogenases influences depot-specific fat formation. Molecular endocrinology. 2011 May 1;25(5):799-809.
18. Jeyakumar SM, Lopamudra P, Padmini S, Balakrishna N, Giridharan NV, Vajreswari A. Fatty acid desaturation index correlates with body mass and adiposity indices of obesity in Wistar NIN obese mutant rat strains WNIN/Ob and WNIN/GR-Ob. Nutrition & metabolism. 2009 Dec;6(1):27.
19. Sheril A, Jeyakumar SM, Jayashree T, Giridharan NV, Vajreswari A. Impact of feeding polyunsaturated fatty acids on cholesterol metabolism of dyslipidemic obese rats of WNIN/GR-Ob strain. Atherosclerosis. 2009 May 1;204(1):136-40.
20. Jeyakumar SM, Vajreswari A, Giridharan NV. Vitamin A regulates obesity in WNIN/Ob obese rat; independent of stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2008 May 30;370(2):243-7.