Dr. Sanjay BasakSCIENTIST 'E',
Dr. Sanjay Basak completed his doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) in Biochemistry. He joined the ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), India on August, 2004. He is a skilled and independent researcher with more than thirteen years of experience in the area of molecular nutrition, metabolism and reproductive physiology. At present, he is working as Faculty Scientist affiliated as Assistant Director at NIN. His present research investigates the roles of nutritional and environmental factors on early placental & fetal development and its potential contribution to the development of adult chronic diseases. His research aims to investigate how nutrition modulates the placentation by using human cells, models (rat and mice), clinical cases and molecular diagnostic methods.
2. Basak S, Vilasagaram S, Naidu K, Duttaroy AK. Insulin-dependent, glucose transporter 1 mediated glucose uptake and tube formation in the human placental first trimester trophoblast cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2018;Accepted 26 June 2018. PMID: 30003444.
3. Basak S, Sarkar A, Mathapati S, Duttaroy AK. Cellular growth and tube formation of HTR8/SVneo trophoblast: effects of exogenously added fatty acid-binding protein-4 and its inhibitor. Mol Cell Biochem. 2018;437(1-2):55-64. PMID: 28620819
4. Leroy C, Tobin KAR, Basak S, Cathrine Staff A, Duttaroy AK. Fatty acid-binding protein3 expression in BeWo cells, a human placental choriocarcinoma cell line. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 2017;120:1-7. PMID: 28515017
5. Basak S, Duttaroy A. Cellular effects of the endocrine disrupters (Bisphenol-S & A): impact on the growth and development of the first trimester trophoblast cells. Placenta. 2017;57:253. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.placenta.2017.07.104
6. Pandya AD, Das MK, Sarkar A, Vilasagaram S, Basak S, Duttaroy AK. Tube formation in the first trimester placental trophoblast cells: Differential effects of angiogenic growth factors and fatty acids. Cell biology international. 2016;40(6):652-61. PMID: 26992362
7. Patwardhan S, Dasari S, Bhagavatula K, Deepak SA, Ghosh S, Basak S. Simultaneous Detection of Genetically Modified Organisms in a Mixture by Multiplex PCR-Chip Capillary Electrophoresis. Journal of AOAC International. 2015;98(5):1366-74. PMID: 26525256
8. Basak S, Das MK, Srinivas V, Duttaroy AK. The interplay between glucose and fatty acids on tube formation and fatty acid uptake in the first trimester trophoblast cells, HTR8/SVneo. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015;401(1-2):11-9. PMID: 25413343
9. Das MK, Basak S, Ahmed MS, Attramadal H, Duttaroy AK. Connective tissue growth factor induces tube formation and IL-8 production in first trimester human placental trophoblast cells. Eur J ObstetGynecolReprod Biol. 2014;181C:183-8. PMID: 25150958.
10. Basak S, Ehtesham NZ, Sesikeran B, Ghosh S. Detection and identification of transgenic elements by fluorescent-PCR-based capillary gel electrophoresis in genetically modified cotton and soybean. J AOAC Int. 2014;97(1):159-65. PMID: 24672872
11. Basak S, Duttaroy AK. cis-9,trans-11 conjugated linoleic acid stimulates expression of angiopoietin like-4 in the placental extravillous trophoblast cells. BiochimBiophysActa. 2013;1831(4):834-43. PMID: 23354176
12. Basak S, Duttaroy AK. Effects of fatty acids on angiogenic activity in the placental extravillious trophoblast cells. Prostaglandins LeukotEssent Fatty Acids. 2013;88(2):155-62. PMID: 23153451
13. Basak S, Das MK, Duttaroy AK. Fatty acid-induced angiogenesis in first trimester placental trophoblast cells: possible roles of cellular fatty acid-binding proteins. Life sciences. 2013;93(21):755-62. PMID: 24095946
14. Duttaroy A, Basak S. Docosahexaenoic acid and angiogenesis: a role in early placentation. ClinLipidol. 2012;7(3):303-12. https://doi.org/10.2217/clp.12.19
15. Basak S, Duttaroy AK. Leptin induces tube formation in first-trimester extravillous trophoblast cells. Eur J ObstetGynecolReprod Biol. 2012;164(1):24-9.
16. Johnsen GM, Basak S, Weedon-Fekjaer MS, Staff AC, Duttaroy AK. Docosahexaenoic acid stimulates tube formation in first trimester trophoblast cells, HTR8/SVneo. Placenta. 2011;32:626-32. PMID: 21741084
17. Ibrahim A, Ghafoorunissa, Basak S, Ehtesham NZ. Impact of maternal dietary fatty acid composition on glucose and lipid metabolism in male rat offspring aged 105 d. Br J Nutr. 2009;102(2):233-41. PMID: 19166630